When you’re in the mood for something sweet, chocolatey, and easy to make, this recipe is for you. It combines the all-too-famous delicacy of the brownie with the simplicity of a basic cookie recipe. These cookies are slightly crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. They’re dark and delectable.
I did some experimenting (with the help of my baker-extraordinaire toddler) and came up with a yummy combination. These cookies can be ready for munching in about 17 minutes (or less) and the recipe only uses six ingredients.
They’re an appropriate choice for the chocolate lover, the cookie lover, the sweets lover, and the baking lover. So… to cut to the chase, here is the recipe!
Easy Brownie Cookie Recipe
Yield: about 15 cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 7/8 cup of flour
- Melt the butter and coconut oil. I just put both ingredients in a bowl and microwaved them for a little bit.
- Add in the egg and mix. The egg does not need to be well beat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and combine. The batter will be thick and will resemble brownie batter.
- Drop spoonful size amounts of batter onto a non-stick cookie sheet. (You can also lay down aluminum foil on your cookie sheet). The size of the drops of batter will be about one and a half inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle a little bit of white sugar on top of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies at 370 degrees for 8 minutes 30 seconds.
Enjoy these delectable chocolate creations with your favorite little bakers and a fresh glass of milk.